Sunday, November 1, 2009

Deliberation

I have (somewhat) given some more thought to a topic for my research paper and I decided to take a different route away from the three deliberations I mentioned a couple weeks ago. A couple of ideas obligingly bulleted on the research paper outline took hold of my interest, but I think I will settle with the one about new media creating [or not creating] new opportunities for writers or other creative workers. Mostly because I love technology and everything it encompasses…well almost everything. In terms of new media, I was thinking much of what is widely used today, web 2.0.

I haven't exactly decided which direction I would like to go with this. I want to deliberate on it more to gather some more thoughts. Some things that do come to mind is the use of blogs and how this has created an avenue for writers to express their thoughts. Other social networks influence writers and creative workers as well.

It’s late, my brain is tired so I’ll get back to this later…

2 comments:

  1. Kellie, especially since I DO NOT find much value in technology, in general, it is probably fitting that I comment here, in someone's blog who admits to loving technology.

    Just as you mention examining for your topic, how new technologies are "creating [or not creating] new opportunities for writers or other creative workers," you may also want to examine how all of these wonderful new technologies are cheapening and trivializing the works of new authors, artists, et cetera. I mean, authors and artists have been a dime a dozen (as "they" say) from ever since anyway, so now that every self-absorbed kook can sit and blog their life away, have we really now crossed the threshold, officially and irrevocably, and turned all of this art and writing into nothing more than cognitive fast-food--completely over-saturated, and completely disposable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No technology? ooooo, you're breaking my heart! But, I will definitely look into your suggestions, its interesting and you have a point! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete